Hundreds and thousands of businesses consider QuickBooks magnificent when it comes to accounting and bookkeeping software. Created by Intuit, QuickBooks has several features and tools that assist users in taking care of almost all accounting activities. However, despite QuickBooks being pretty much user friendly and advanced, there are countless errors and bugs that many users face while working with it. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 179, which usually occurs when a user tries to log in to the bank website or download the latest bank feeds directly from within the QuickBooks Online application. There can be numerous reasons causing such an online banking error that we intend to discuss with you, alongside the solutions through this post.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 179? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical experts at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks online banking error 179?
QuickBooks online banking error 179 usually takes place when QuickBooks online fails to connect to the bank server because of the excessively stored cache files and data in the web browser. However, there can be other reasons as well, like the ones we have mentioned below:
- There are some issues with the banking login credentials.
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks error 179?
Solution 1) Clear the cache files and data stored in the web browser
Procedure for clearing cache files and data stored in Internet Explorer:
- Right-click the icon of Internet Explorer and select the Open option.
- On the keyboard, press the Ctrl, Shift and Delete keys at the same time to open the Delete Browsing History window.
- Checkmark the Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox.
- At last, click on the Delete button.
Procedure for clearing cache files and data stored in Google Chrome:
- Double-select the icon of Google Chrome to open the web browser.
- Into the address box, you need to type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Checkmark the Cached images and files checkbox.
- Click on the Clear data button.
Procedure for clearing cache files and data stored in Firefox:
- Right-click the icon of Firefox and select the Open option.
- Into the address box, enter about:preferences#privacy and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Clear your recent history button.
- Checkmark the Cache checkbox.
- At last, hit the Clear now button.
Solution 2) Manually update the banking login credentials in QuickBooks Online
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Online to open the application.
- From the left panel of the window, select the Banking menu.
- Select the Banking option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the bank account that has been giving the error and then click on the Edit icon.
- Click on the Edit Sign in Info button and type in the most recent online banking login credentials.
- Select the Update button to connect the bank account once again.
If you are unable to get rid of QuickBooks error 179 even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there might be some issues with the internet connectivity due to which QuickBooks Online has been failing to connect to the bank server. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to ensure the internet connectivity for QuickBooks Online and check if this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for further troubleshooting assistance fixing the online banking error from our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.