Creators and publishers need to adhere to our Monetization Eligibility Standards in order to make money from their content. In addition, the content itself must follow the guidelines below in order to be eligible for certain monetization products.
Prohibited formats Content presented in the following formats can nor be monetized
Content that contains one static image and little to no motion.
Content posted for the sole purpose of increasing engagement by asking people to react to questions posed by the content.
Slideshows of images
Content that primarily displays static images played in succession.
Content that loops and displays the same segment multiple times. Looping content can include GIFs and content of varying lengths.
Content that primarily displays still or moving images with overlaid text.
The following behaviors may trigger reduced or restricted monetization for your content.
Content posted by a Page that is artificially distributed, often for compensation.
Content that incentivizes people to click a link or respond to a post through likes, comments or shares.
Content that requests compensation in exchange for extreme behavior, such as:
• Consumption of inedible substances
• Showing graphic content
• Consumption of drugs, tobacco, or alcohol
• Disrobing or other ****ual behaviorLimited originality of contentContent that primarily consists of unoriginal or repurposed content from other sources with limited or immaterial added value.
Content that depicts or discusses subjects in the following categories may face reduced or restricted monetization:
Debated social issues
Content may be subject to reduced or disabled monetization if it depicts or discusses the following subjects in a polarizing or inflammatory manner:
• National origin
• Political affiliation
• Sexual orientation
• Socioeconomic class
• Political AffiliationTragedy or conflictContent may face reduced or disabled monetization if it displays or discusses events that result in suffering, destruction or distress. Depictions or discussions of these subjects, either real or fictional, may affect monetization for your content:Content that depicts or discusses these subjects in an explicitly uplifting manner may still be eligible for monetization.
• Physical injury
• Mental disabilities
• Physical abuse
• Sexual abuse
• Emotional abuse
• Property damageObjectionable activityContent may face reduced or disabled monetization if it displays or discusses substance abuse or criminal behavior. Depictions or discussions of these subjects, either real or fictional, may affect monetization for your content:
• Substance abuse
• Advocating for harm
• Insider Trading
• Copyright Infringement
Sexual or suggestive activityContent may face reduced or disabled monetization if it contains ****ual subject matter . Depictions or discussions of these subjects, either real or fictional, may affect monetization for your content.
• Sexual activity
• Sexual poses
• Suggestive dancing
• Simulations of ****ual activity
• Sex objects
• Suggestive language
• Revealing or absent items of clothing
Content may face reduced or disabled monetization if it contains profane or derogatory language. This language, either spoken, written or otherwise represented may affect monetization for your content.
• Derogatory words
• Sexual words
• Crude gestures
• Vulgar motionsExplicit contentContent may not be monetized if it displays or discusses gore or bodily conditions. Depictions of these subjects, either real or fictional, may affect monetization for your content.
• Bodily fluids
• Medical procedures
• Food processing
• Extreme body modification
• Bodily functions
• Ingesting substances not intended for consumption
• Ingesting nauseating substances
Content that contains medical claims that have been disproven by an expert organization, including, but not limited to, anti-vaccination claims.