Scarborough is a city located in southeastern Ontario, Canada. In 1998, it merged with the cities of Toronto, York, and Etobicoke and the borough of East York in order to form Toronto City. Scarborough township became reconstituted in 1967 as a borough, and in 1983, it officially became a city.
Scarborough was first named as Glasgow, and then renamed according to the request of Mrs. John Graves Simcoe, the lieutenant governor’s wife, in 1793. This is because the coastal bluffs of the city are almost similar to the cliffs of Scarborough, England.